Your Privacy Matters To Us
Holiday Keys is always committed to protecting your personal information and we want you to be confident that the privacy of your personal data is really important to us.
If you have made a flight booking with us but flights are to be provided by other airline(s) then that other airline will also separately be considered a “data controller” under European Union and UK data protection law.
Any provider of services such as a hotel or car rental company will also separately be a “data controller”. You can access the privacy policies of those providers from them directly.
Personal data or personal information for us means all the details which identifies you as an individual or could be used to identify you. Please see the personal data we may collect from you below:
- Personal details, address, email address, phone number and date of birth.
- Account login details, username and the password.
- Travel preferences, social preferences, interests and activities.
- Passenger information, passport details, other ID document details.
- Insurance details.
- Payment information, credit or other payment information.
- Relevant medical data and any special, dietary, religious or disability requests.
- Information about your browsing behaviour on our website, when you click on one of our adverts, including those shown on other organisations’ websites.
- Information about the way you access our digital services, including operating system, IP address, online identifiers and browser details.
- Information about your purchases, including what you bought, when and where you bought it, how you paid for it and credit or other payment information.
- Personal data you provide when you connect with us, including by email, post, and phone or through social media, such as your name, username and contact details.
- Details of emails and other digital communications we send to you that you open, including any links in them that you click on.
- Your feedback and contributions to customer surveys and questionnaires.
- Personal data from other sources, such as specialist companies that supply information, retail partners and public registers.
- Personal data about other individuals provided by you, such as other people on your booking. You should also ensure that third parties or other individuals on your booking consent for their personal data to be provided to us by you and that they understand how their personal data may be used by us.
The main purposes for which we use your personal information are:
- To fulfill your travel arrangements and deliver the services you have asked for and to contact you directly.
- We need to process your personal data so that we can manage your account or booking, provide you with the products and services you want to buy and help you with any orders and refunds you may ask for.
- We need to share personal data with suppliers of your travel arrangements, including airlines, hotels and transport companies, regulatory authorities and credit reference/fraud prevention agencies, police, law enforcement agencies, law firms and law courts, to enforce or apply any contract with you when appropriate.
- We also work with carefully selected suppliers that carry out certain functions on our behalf such as suppliers of IT services, storing and combining data, marketing, advertising campaign, market research, processing payments and delivering products and services.
- We do not sell personal data.
- To provide services tailored to your requirements and to treat you in a more personal way.
- Your browsing behaviour, purchases, your responses to marketing communications relating to products and services we offer, give us the opportunity to offer you products and services that are perfectly suitable for your needs and hence allows us to provide you with personalised offers and services.
- If you do not wish to receive a personalised service from us, you can change your preference online, over the phone or by writing (e.g. email or post) to us at any time and we will amend our records accordingly.
- To keep you informed about our products, services, offers.
- We may send you relevant offers and news about our products and services in a number of ways, including by email. We will only do this if you previously agreed to receive these marketing communications.
- You can change your marketing preferences online, over the phone or by writing (e.g. email or post) to us at any time and we will amend our records accordingly.
- If you ask us to stop sending marketing communications, please note we will still retain your personal information for service-related communications from us. For example, confirming bookings you make with us and providing important information about the use of our products or services.
- To carry out analysis and market research for improving our websites, products and services.
- We use personal data to carry out market research and internal research and development, and to develop and improve our product range, services, shops, IT systems, security, personal data protection, prevention of fraud/ crimes, and know-how and the way we communicate with you.
- We use CCTV images to help maintain the safety of anyone working in or visiting our shops, premises and other buildings, and for the prevention, detection and prosecution of criminal offences. We may also rely on the images and any recorded communications we have to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights.
- We can collect and use your personal information where you have given your specific consent to us.
- You can withdraw your consent to your personal data being processing at any time, on our website for online profiles or by writing to us at the address below.
- Please be informed that if you withdraw this consent, it may mean we will not be able to provide all or parts of the services you have requested from us and you will not be able to cancel your booking or obtain a refund of any charges you have paid, as we will be unable to fulfil any of our contractual duties to you within the absence of such information.
We take appropriate security measures to help protect your personal data from accidental loss and from unauthorised access, use, alteration and disclosure. Sensitive personal data such as medical information you may provide, as well as children’s data is also stored with adequate protection.
The security of your data also depends on you, so please do not share your passwords, booking or flight details with other parties and always be aware of internet fraud.
Please acknowledge that the personal data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the UK or EU. It may also be processed by organisations operating outside the EU or UK who work for us or for one of our suppliers. We put in place appropriate protections to make sure your personal data remains adequately protected and that it is treated in line with this policy. These protections include, but are not limited to, appropriate contract clauses, such as standard contract clauses approved by the European Commission, and appropriate security measures.
The processes mentioned may involve sending your data to countries where under their local laws you may have fewer legal rights. We will take appropriate security measures to ensure that your personal data is safe and secure if that is the case.
Your information will be kept for as long as we need it for the purpose it is being processed for. We will keep the information for a period which enables us to handle or respond to any complaints, queries or concerns relating to the booking. The information may also be retained so that we can continue to improve your experience with us and to ensure that you receive any loyalty rewards which are due to you.
Your information will actively be reviewed and deleted, when there is no longer a legal, business or customer need for it to be retained. However, if the data is needed after this period for analytical, historical or other legitimate business purposes, we will take appropriate measures to anonymise this data.
Our website’s social media features such as Facebook, Twitter and YouTube have their own privacy notices. Please make sure you read their terms and conditions and privacy notices carefully as we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these features.
You have online access to your own personal data associated with your account on our website. You may request a copy of any personal data held by us and there is no fee for this request.
All personal data related enquiries and requests must be in writing and must contain the following information:
- Your name and postal address.
- Details of your request.
- Any details which may help us locate the information which is the subject of your request for example: booking reference number.
- A photocopy of your passport or driving licence, so that we can verify your identity.
- Your signature and the date of the request.
- If you are applying on behalf of another person then signed authority from the individual is required.
Please send your request to:
559 Green Lanes,
You may ask for your personal data to be rectified or erased, to object to the processing of your personal data and, where technically feasible, to ask for personal data you provided to be transmitted to another organisation. We will update or erase your data, unless we have to keep it for legitimate business or legal purposes. However, please be informed that if you withdraw your consent for us to process your personal data, it may mean we will not be able to provide all or parts of the services you have requested from us and you will not be able to cancel your booking or obtain a refund of any charges you have paid, as we will be unable to fulfil any of our contractual duties to you within the absence of such information.
Under current data protection laws, the legal basis in almost all cases will be:
- Your information is needed to process your booking, completing your travel arrangements and otherwise perform the contract we have with you.
- It is in our legitimate interest to use your personal information to operate and improve our business as travel provider.
- Because we need to use your personal information to comply with a legal obligation.
- To protect the vital interests of you or another person.
- To respond to and to manage security operations, accidents or other similar incidents, including medical and insurance purposes.
- Because you have consented that we can use your information for a particular purpose.
If you are not satisfied with the way in which we handle your complaint with regards to the personal information we hold about you, then you can refer your complaint to the ICO (Information Commissioner’s Office) in the UK. https://ico.org.uk/concerns/
This Notice replaces all previous versions and may change at any time, so please check it regularly on our website for any updates.
Last update: May 2018